Vision, Mission, Objectives and Core Values:
Vision: A leading centre for Christian, value-based, contemporary, and integrated community responsive university education for social transformation.
To provide accessible and holistic education, relevant skills and innovative techno-logy for liberating, integral and sustainable development.
For and With the Community.
In accordance with human and Christian values, USJM intends:
- To provide accessible, affordable and practical university education.
- To nurture university students with demand-oriented skills.
- To promote the pursuit of relevant basic and applied research aiming at producing graduates for holistic societal transformation.
- To design and run appropriate programmes geared towards sustainable management of the environment.
- To nurture citizens of integrity imbued with a sense of the common good.
- To promote and use African cultures in university education.
- To enhance the pastoral mission of the Church.
USJM upholds and subscribes to the following core values:
- Fear of God
- Community sensitiveness
Christian university education and knowledge is to promote integral development of the whole person and of all people, while at the same time promoting integrity and social justice, and responsible stewardship of creation.