- In September 2016, The Archbishop of Mbarara Archdiocese appointed a committee to work hand in had with National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) for licensing USJM. The committee composed of:
Dr. Basil Tibanyendera (Chairman)
Rev. Fr. Dr. Deus Karemire (Vice Chairman)
Mr. Magara Silver (Secretary)
Dr. Rogers Bariyo- Member
Dr. Godfery Barigye- Member
Dr. Evarist Nabaasa- Member
2. In January 2017, the committee handed over the Letter of Interim Authority from CHE to the Archbishop.
3. On 31st August 2017, together with the Archbishop, promoters and members of the Governing Council, the Licensing Committee successfully defended USJM project at NCHE Offices in Kampala.
4. On 19th October, NCHE verification team visited USJM project
5. In November 2018, USJM was granted Provisional Licence to operate as a private university Provisional licence